Damp & Mould Symptoms
The Damp and Mould Checklist
- Does your home have a musty or damp smell?
- Has mould been located on walls, furniture, clothes etc.?
- Do your walls show any discoloration or staining or water marks? (Usually only up to 1.5 metres on wall)
- Is the plaster on your walls bubbling, flaking?
- Is the plaster on your wall appearing powdery or salty?
- Is the paint on your walls blistering or peeling?
- Have your skirting boards warped, pulled off the wall or shown signs of rot?
- Have your floor boards shown signs of cupping, warping or rotting?
- Are family members experiencing persistent coughs, runny noses, ear aches or common colds?
- Does any of your brick work show signs of crumbling or decaying?
- Has mortar fallen or decayed from around brick work?
- Is there any white powder or salt on external walls?
- Any staining on walls?